Simon Neo, Psy.D.
Dr. Simon Neo has established a private practice with a desire to BRIDGE TRUST and BUILD HOPE into the lives of those that are challenged in their current life station.
Simon is a professional with 18 years of expertise in counselling, social and human services, education services and training as well as community outreach. Having both a passion and a calling in the helping profession, Simon started his practice with a desire to bridge trust and build hope into the lives of those that are challenged in their current station in life.
As a personal therapist, Simon embraces all clients with empathy and compassion. His ability to develop strong therapeutic alliance and trust with his clients has helped them overcome a range of psychological and emotional issues.
Simon loves life and is genuine in his approach towards people. He is conscientious, diligent, energetic and a respectful guy. He often demonstrates unconditional positive regards for others and carries with him a sense of humour that makes him a joy to work with. He also possess strong leadership skills through his excellent communication and listening skills as well as remarkable problem solving ability.
Currently, he has a private practice located at Novena Medical Centre, Singapore and another in Bangkok. He is also the Vice-President of the Psychotherapy Association of Singapore.
In addition to being an adjunct lecturer in public educational institutions such as Ngee Ann and Singapore Polytechnic, he also lectures in local and overseas private institutions. Simon has also been invited to conduct leadership training at the prestigious Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok which also included training faculty members in a Critical Thinking course.
Simon is also an engaging resource speaker and corporate trainer. Some of the prestigious organisations that he has been engaged to speak and provide training includes: Credit Swiss, UBS Bank, Morgan Stanley, Intel, IBM and the Republic Polytechnic.
Having been through the hard knocks in life and knowing what it was like to live in hardship during his growing up years, Simon has developed a personal interest in the segment of society which has fallen through the cracks in affluent Singapore. Often taking time off from his schedule, he engages in voluntary and charity work. He has worked with children, youth and adults in various settings and has been involved in programmes for at-risk kids, was a volunteer with the Singapore Boy’s Home and a befriender of the National Kidney Foundation. He was also an online counsellor with youths with sexually transmitted infections. In 2008, Simon spearheaded the counseling department in Bethesda C.A.R.E centre, a Voluntary Welfare Organisation and was on an honorary appointment till 2010. He still services as a volunteer counselor there.
– Doctorate Candidate in Group Psychotherapy, Professional School of Psychology USA, California (completion in 2016)
– Master of Social Science (Counseling), University of South Australia
– Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (Counseling), American University for Humanities
– Post Graduate Certificate in Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Psychotherapy Association of Singapore
– Graduate Diploma in Solution Focus Brief Therapy, Academy of Solution Focused Training, Singapore
– Certified (DISC) Behavioral and Career consultant, Singapore
– Certified T-JTA (Taylor Johnson Temperament Analysis) Analyst, Singapore
– Master Solution-Focused Practitioner, Singapore
– Certified Grief Recovery Specialist, The Grief Recovery Institute
– The Psychotherapy Clinic (Singapore & Bangkok) • Psychotherapist
– Human Dynamic (Singapore & Bangkok) • Associate Consultant
– Republic Polytechnic • Associate Counsellor
– College of Allied Educators, Jakarta • Lecturer
– Chulalongkorn University (Bangkok) • Psychotherapist / Trainer
– Edith Cowen University (Australia) • Lecturer, Adjunct, Academy of Human Development
– National University of Singapore • Casual Research Assistance/Online Counselor, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health
– Fei Yue Community Services • Resource Speaker
– ITE East • Lecturer, Adjunct
– Eagles Infotech Consultants Pte Ltd • Resource Speaker/Trainer
– Ngee Ann Polytechnic • Lecturer, Adjunct
– Bethesda C.A.R.E Centre • Counselor
– Psychotherapy Association of Singapore (PAS), Vice-President
– Singapore Psychological Society (SPS)
– American Counseling Association
– Singapore Association for Counselling
– Australian Counseling Association
– Golden Key International Honour Society
– Canadian Council of Professional Certification
– Association of Christian Counsellors of Singapore (Committee Member)
– Association of Group and Individual Psychotherapy (Singapore)
– American Group & Psychotherapy Association
– International Association of Marriage and Family Counselors (USA)
– Conflict Engagement
– Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Familiarization
– Mentoring Skills
– Positive Psychology
– Treating Addictions using Cognitive Behavior Therapy/Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy
– Grief & Bereavement Counseling
– Application of Transactional Analysis in Group Therapy
– Clinical Report Writing
– Counseling Skills for Personal Development & Ministry
– Mental Health First Aid course
– Basic Mediation Course, Community Mediation Centre
– Conference on Wholistic Christian Counseling in Asia
– The Grief Recovery Method
INTERNSHIP and COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
– Counselor, Bethesda Community Assistance & Relationship Enrichment Center