Finding a Field Placement

Placement within an agency or within a private practice environment is a very complicated issue for any graduate school which trains clinicians in the field of psychology in the State of California. Both the Board of Behavioral Sciences (which oversees the licensure of Marriage and Family Therapists) and the Board of Psychology (which oversees the licensure of psychologists) require 3,000 hours of supervised clinical experience before a graduate can sit for the respective State of California licensing examinations. We have offered information to you regarding both the MFT Licensing process and the Psychology Licensing process.